Micah makes breakfast!
by Leslie Burns, Silver Spring Elementary
In my nutrition lessons, we are learning about the food pyramid and healthy snacks. I taught the kids how to make a scrambled egg in the microwave. They can add anything to it to make it their own. Some kids reported adding cheese, peppers and onions, salsa and spinach. Here is a letter from Micah Tucker’s Mom:
I have to say thank you for sharing the coffee-cup egg “recipe” with Micah. He has been making it everyday! He’s had fun mixing in cheese, pre-cooked turkey sausage crumbles and even chopped spinach yesterday! Wow! One day it even turned into a science experiment when he forgot to “scramble” the egg before putting it in the microwave and the yolk exploded. Oops!
Here he is cooking and enjoying his creation! Thanks again!
- Please get in this sheet over the next month or so and add things as you think of them. No deadline yet.
- I would like to do the same thing with technology. This sheet should be used the same way over the next month or so – elementary jump in there too. I will create the spreadsheets next month sometime.
- October 7 Inservice will be at the high school in the LGI room. Agenda will include some edcamp ideas. Please consider sharing 15-30 minutes about a topic – think “low hanging fruit” that does not require much preparation.
- SECONDARY: Uniforms have been delivered. Prices are $6 for shorts, and $4 for shirts.
- ELEMENTARY: I have bee asked to provide some feedback on the tablet computers you were given last year. Please e-mail me the following: Are you using it? Things you like? Things you don’t like?
- Please consider contributing to this blog. Ideas: great things in your classes, communications from parents, curriculum / pedagogy ideas, quotes, videos, etc. Just email me and I’ll get you set up.
Today’s Classroom info-graph:
I love this quote. It reminds me of a day that I was tired and “going through the motions” introducing a lesson. I said to myself, “I need to get my attitude right. The kids are not connecting.” This quote reminds me of that day. Your energy inspires their energy.
September 26: Donna Rupp
September 26: Shane Griffiths
DEPARTMENT GOALS 2016-2017:
- To plan and teach at least one (1) student-centered lesson
- To have a social media presence professionally and participate in a twitter chat (Dept hashtag: #CVHPE).