I hope everyone enjoyed the extended weekend of Labor Day.
Moonshots live in the gray area between audacious technology and pure science fiction. Instead of a mere 10% gain, a moonshot aims for a 10x improvement over what currently exists. The combination of a huge problem, a radical solution to that problem, and the breakthrough technology that just might make that solution possible, is the essence of a moonshot. Can we use moonshot thinking in our discipline?
- Please connect with Brian Robinson on scheduling a time to watch your student-centered lesson. Maybe just give him an idea of when you may be doing the lesson.
- Please comment: one thing that you are looking forward to this year, and any topic or question you would like to see covered, if any, on the October 7 in-service by Monday, Sept 12.
- Social Media Idea: As you do back to school nights, use a hashtag and tweet pictures. For example, #CVPEBack2School
- Secondary: Uniforms are shipping Friday from Texas.
- Reminder to submit your SLO and IAP’s to your supervisor in the next month or so as directed by them.
DEPARTMENT GOALS 2016-2017:
- To plan and teach at least one (1) student-centered lesson
- To have a social media presence professionally and participate in a twitter chat (Dept hashtag: #CVHPE).