Here is an oldies, but goodie. It seems like yesterday that we made the trek to Boyertown to see John Ratey speak. That is still a memorable day in my career. Paul Zientarski, who was the teacher in chapter 1, gave this TED talk in Bend, Oregon. There are not many HPE Ted Talks, so enjoy this one!
- Just a friendly reminder that responding to IEP’s is a legal obligation.
- I recorded the socratic seminar last week and it is in the HPE folder of you wish to watch it back with the “coach’s clicker.”
- Please add questions to our twitter chat that you would like to discuss. Live chat will be Monday, Oct. 24 at 7 PM at the hashtag: #CVHPE
- Budgets are likely to be due sometime in November. If you want to start working yours, here are the sheets: Eagle View, Good Hope, and the High School
- The Angel Tree project is continuing this year and requests will be coming soon if you wish to participate.
- If you are on your wellness team for your building, please send Donna and I a list of meeting dates and times. We’d like to drop in.
- I’ve only heard from one so far. ELEMENTARY: I have bee asked to provide some feedback on the tablet computers you were given last year. Please e-mail me the following: Are you using it? Things you like? Things you don’t like?
- Please consider contributing to this blog. Ideas: great things in your classes, communications from parents, curriculum / pedagogy ideas, quotes, videos, etc. Just email me and I’ll get you set up.
October 17: Tim Bigelow
DEPARTMENT GOALS 2016-2017:
- To plan and teach at least one (1) student-centered lesson
- To have a social media presence professionally and participate in a twitter chat (Dept hashtag: #CVHPE).