Great story for the time of year…
- WEGMAN’S NIGHT was a great success. High School has a good handle on marketing its new courses. Middle school got a start on assessments for the new physical education curriculum. Elementary caught up on assessments. Please add three hours to your PD logs.
- High school: our marketing days in school will be January 11 & 12 all day in the spectator gym. Teachers, please use the course descriptions to develop 5-6 talking points for the courses you have been assigned for the marketing day. This will be the key to the success of these courses. The bad part is this needs to be ready to go JANUARY 3 when the kids get back so we have time to tweak.
- Course selection night is January 17 from 7 – 9:30 if any of you are free and want to meet parents and market these courses.
- I began using this planning sheet for my admin duties and teaching duties. The period listings help me know where I left off and if I need to look something up for a student. I had mine made into a tablet by eagle copy. If you like it and want to do the same, please go to File> Make a Copy and adjust it for your needs.
A LITTLE NOTE…
I wanted to take a minute and thank you for all the hard work that you put into taking our Health & PE programs into the next phase. I know its not always easy and can sometimes make you question if we are on the right track. Please know that we are and I look forward to working with you in 2017. As you head into your break, remember to take time to recharge, and spend some time with the people you love. I am thankful for and learn from each of you.
DEPARTMENT GOALS 2016-2017:
- To plan and teach at least one (1) student-centered lesson
- To have a social media presence professionally and participate in a twitter chat (Dept hashtag: #CVHPE).